The 2021 holidays are landing on multiple week days, and we are expecting significant delays due to capacity/drivers availability. In order to ensure supply to the clients, we would like to recommend that the clinics start placing larger orders starting the week of Oct. 25th and continue to carry higher safety stock on top movers throughout the entire holiday season. The increased inventory will help support the clinics diet business as we expect longer than normal delivery times and limited days of operation starting the week of Nov. 22nd through Jan. 10th 2022.
We would like to take this opportunity to update you on several key industry-wide development to help optimize our service level to clinics.
• 2021 holidays are landing on multiple weekdays
• Transportation/Delivery services will be operating significantly over capacity beginning in late October
• Transit times could increase to 3-5 days during holiday peak
• Winter weather could also play a factor in delivery times
In order to minimize disruption to your orders, we would recommend the following actions be taken:
• Clinics should begin to increase/build inventory on fastest moving items the week of Oct. 25th, 2021
• Clinics should carry more inventory than normal in anticipation of longer than normal delivery time starting the week of Nov. 22rd through Jan. 10th 2022
• Begin to order larger quantity on Tuesday or Wednesday
- Place small parcel orders Wed-Fri as carriers have a more capacity at the back half of the week
- Utilize a mix of both LTL (over 400lbs) orders and small parcel (under 400lbs) orders to ensure continuous supply
Below are the dates Purina Supply Point Geodis will be closed:
The following dates we will close shipping operations by 1pm local time:
LTL (orders over 400lbs) carriers will not be picking up freight on the following days which will cause a back log in the network: